Bankwest Stadium’s trophy cabinet has grown to 13 awards with confirmation another three prestigious accolades have been added after wins at the 2020 Master Builders Association (MBA) NSW Awards and another win at the Australian Steel Institute (ASI) NSW Steel Excellence Awards.
The MBA NSW Awards is a comprehensive awards program for the building and construction industry while the ASI NSW Steel Excellence Awards span across the entire steel industry from manufacturing right through to end use.
Bankwest Stadium received the top award for:
- Australian Steel Institute’s NSW Steel Excellence Award for large projects.
- Master Builder Association of NSW Award for Sporting Facilities.
- Master Builder Association of NSW Award for Excellence in Environment.
Since opening in April 2019, Bankwest Stadium has received 13 awards across categories ranging from architecture, engineering, environment, infrastructure and construction.
The Stadium has welcomed almost 800,000 fans through the gates for more than 80 sport and entertainment events, with an additional 30,000 people for functions, business meetings, community and cultural events.
In 2020, Bankwest Stadium became one of the first venue’s in the world to return to operation during the COVID-19 pandemic, acting as a COVID Safe venue and facilitating the safe return of major sporting codes.
The Stadium has also been named as a finalist in the 2020 Restaurant and Catering Awards for Excellence (NSW/ACT) in the Venue Caterer Category, which will be announced on 7 December.
Bankwest Stadium is owned by Venues NSW on behalf of the NSW Government and operated by VenuesLive, a leading Australian-based provider of management and hospitality services to venues and events.
The Stadium was designed and constructed by Lendlease in conjunction with architect Populous and engineering company Aurecon and, was delivered by Infrastructure NSW.
The trophy cabinet at Bankwest Stadium is growing fast. Built #ForTheFans with the event experience front of mind, the 30,000-seat Stadium has now won 13 awards since it opened with a Community Open Day in April 2019.
Bankwest Stadium’s List of Awards
- Australian Steel Institute’s NSW Steel Excellence Award for large projects;
- Master Builder Association of NSW Award for Sporting Facilities;
- Master Builder Association of NSW Award for Excellence in Environment;
- Good Design Award Gold Accolade in the Architectural Design Commercial and Residential category;
- Best Commercial Architecture: 2020 NSW Architecture Awards;
- Colorbond Award for Steel Architecture: 2020 NSW Architecture Awards;
- NSW People’s Choice Award for Life in 2020: NSW Architecture Awards;
- LEED v4 Gold Certification from the US Green Building Council: First Stadium in the world to announce LEED v4 Gold standard for sustainable design.
- Silver Medal: Stadium Database Stadium of the Year Awards 2019:
- 2019 Project of the Year – Joint Winner: BOOMTOWN! Property & Infrastructure Awards;
- Outstanding Sports & Major Events Project for 2019– BOOMTOWN! Property & Infrastructure Awards;
- Australia’s Best Rectangular Stadium– Austadiums Stadium Of The Year Awards 2019;
- National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) Excellence Award– Stowe Australia for Bankwest Stadium.