At CommBank Stadium, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment that prioritises the accessibility safety, security, and comfort of all our visitors and staff.
Our Stadium boasts a range of accessibility features, including 360-degree access, expansive open concourses, and thoughtfully designed accessible facilities.
For more information on these amenities, please refer to the details provided on this page.
Our friendly Venue Staff are always ready to lend a helping hand whenever needed on event days to ensure an enjoyable experience for all.
The Stadium provides accessible seating for Persons Requiring Universal Access (PRUA) for all events held at CommBank Stadium, which can be purchased through Ticketek.
How To Book Accessible Tickets
When purchasing tickets to events at CommBank Stadium, please indicate the type of accessible seating you require (e.g. wheelchair space, carer seat) so you can be allocated appropriate seats for your chosen event.
- Submit a Request – Fill out the accessible seating booking form, which can be found here, and a Ticketek representative will be in contact with you (please do not use internet explorer when submitting your request).
- Phone – Call 1300 665 915 to access Ticketek’s accessible seating booking line. This phone line is open Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm
- For additional information, please click here to visit the Ticketek website
Government issued Companion Cards are accepted for events at CommBank Stadium.
Patrons wishing to utilise their Companion Card for CommBank Stadium events should contact the Ticketek Accessible Seating booking line on 1300 665 915.
Follow the ‘how to book accessible seating’ instructions above to secure your seat and a seat for your companion.
- All entry gates at CommBank Stadium are 100% accessible except at Gate A, where lift access is provided for patrons who may not be able to manage the Gate A stairs.
- There are accessible bathrooms located throughout CommBank Stadium.
- Their locations are indicated with appropriate signage throughout the Stadium.
A Changing Place is located adjacent to Gate C and can be accessed from the Level 1 concourse and also external to the Stadium.
- Lift access to all upper floors in the Western Stand (Levels 2 to 4) is available internally at Gate F.
- Lift access is available for patrons ticketed to Gate A who may require assistance with the stairs up to the Level 1 concourse entry.
Ticket Box Offices
All Box Offices at CommBank Stadium (Located at Gate A and Gate B) are accessible for all patrons.
CommBank Stadium is well serviced by Public Transport Services
- Patrons are encouraged to utilise the enhanced public transport services into Parramatta when attending events at the Stadium.
- Trains – Sydney Train services are fully accessible and run regularly into Parramatta Station.
- Information on train services can be found here.
- Buses – All public bus services into Parramatta are fully accessible. This includes buses operating from Parramatta interchange (Parramatta Station) to CommBank Stadium.
- Information on bus services can be found here.
Mobility/Accessible Car Parking & Drop-off
- A limited number of mobility/accessible carparking spaces are available in the Stadium’s northern carpark on event days.
- Registrations for mobility parking open on-line ten days prior to each event (subject to when events are confirmed).
- Requesting parties need to provide their mobility parking scheme permit number for validation purposes. All bookings are subject to availability.
- These accessible parking spaces can be pre-booked online
A drop-off / pick-up zone for people with mobility / accessible needs is provided adjacent to the Stadium entry along the Gate 1 service road as indicated.
It should be noted that for selected events, O’Connell Street may be closed post event for up to 30 minutes. Access to the Gate 1 service road will not be possible over this period until O’Connell Street re-opens to traffic.