28,000 fans will flock to Bankwest Stadium this Saturday night to see music royalty when Elton John takes the stage . . . but the concert will also begin a run of highly-anticipated events at the venue.
Massive March will feature three must-see events that are set to attract big crowds to Western Sydney.
- Saturday 7 March: Elton John’s Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour;
- Thursday 12 March: NRL Round 1 – Parramatta Eels v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs;
- Saturday 21 March: Sydney Derby – Western Sydney Wanderers v Sydney FC.
Sir Elton John has been dazzling crowds across the country in 2020 and it all comes to an end this Saturday at Bankwest Stadium in what will be the last Australian show on his Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour. Very limited tickets remain for the show here.
Five days later the NRL launches with a bang as long-time rivals the Parramatta Eels and Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs face off in the first game of the season on Thursday 12 March.
The two Western Sydney clubs are set to play in front of a blockbuster crowd with fans eagerly awaiting the return of rugby league to Bankwest Stadium. Tickets available here.
Nine days later, the Hyundai A-league’s biggest rivalry returns to Bankwest Stadium when the Western Sydney Wanderers host Sydney FC at the Stadium on Saturday 21 March.
The Wanderers will be looking to make it an unprecedented three wins from three Sydney Derbies this season having won the first two 1-0, including the first ever Sydney Derby at Bankwest Stadium last October. Tickets available here.
Massive March will be a highlight in an already packed Bankwest Stadium calendar for 2020 that features almost 40 events with more yet to be confirmed.
The Stadium has already hosted its first concert in January, Cold Chisel’s Blood Moon Tour, with Elton John being the first international artist to feature at the Stadium before the Hella Mega Tour – featuring Green Day, Fall Out Boy and Weezer – comes to Western Sydney on Saturday 14 November.
Bankwest Stadium will also host 21 regular-season NRL games with the Parramatta Eels, Wests Tigers, Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and South Sydney Rabbitohs all calling the venue home in 2020.
Top Tips for fans coming to Elton John on Saturday
- Concert-goers are encouraged to leave the car at home and take advantage of return travel to and from Parramatta on all public transport included in their tickets.
- It’s going to be a busy day in Parramatta on Saturday and fans should arrive early with gates opening at 5:00pm.
- Leave additional time for the security screening process on entry. Only small bags (30x40cm) will be permitted into the venue.
- Bring a jacket or poncho in case of wet weather, no umbrellas will be permitted.
- Enjoy the show!