After months of anticipation, Parramatta, Sydney’s second CBD, is celebrating the official launch of the Parramatta MONOPOLY board.
The new Member for Parramatta and City of Parramatta Lord Mayor Donna Davis launched the Parramatta edition of Monopoly along with local business representatives and members of the public at CommBank Stadium in Parramatta on Wednesday.
Locals and visitors can now celebrate the diverse and multicultural scene the city has to offer all while playing the world’s most famous board game!
Over the last few months, thousands of locals from Parramatta have been carefully selecting the best locations to feature on the board. After much deliberation and anticipation, the final custom themed squares have been announced.
The custom themed squares on the Parramatta MONOPOLY board are:
- Brown – Parramatta River and Lake Parramatta
- Light Blue – Elizabeth Farm, St John’s Cathedral and Experiment Farm Cottage
- Pink – Parramatta Lanes, Riverside Theatres and Phive Parramatta
- Orange – Lil Miss Collins Café, Alex & CO and Ciccia Bella
- Red – Church Street, Westfields and Parramatta Farmers Market
- Yellow – Rosehill Racecourse, Parramatta Aquatic Centre and CommBank Stadium
- Dark Blue – Old Government House and Parramatta Park
- Transport – Parramatta Interchange, Parramatta Light Rail, Parramatta Train Station, Parramatta Wharf.
- Tax – Parramatta Chamber of Commerce
- Utilities – TLH Group, Sellanes Clark Lawyers and Immigration specialists
- Community Chest – Stones Realty
- Official Bank Partner – Commonwealth Bank
City of Parramatta Lord Mayor Cr Donna Davis said: “I’ve always been passionate about putting Parramatta on the map. Now we have our own board game, celebrating our heritage and the places and attractions that make our City unique.
“It’s exciting that our City stars in its own new edition of Monopoly Parramatta. Roll the dice and visit Parramatta’s favourite landmarks from PHIVE to Elizabeth Farm, the much-loved Riverside Theatres, the soon-to-be opened Parramatta Aquatic Centre and, of course CommBank Stadium.
“Monopoly Parramatta showcases all there is to love about our City, and proves Parramatta is a world-class destination.”
Dale Hackett, representative from Winning Moves – the makers of custom Monopoly Boards, said: “Parramatta is such a buzzing city full of multicultural art and food and is loved for its rich history. We are excited to launch this new edition and celebrate the area and everything it offers locals and visitors in Sydney.
The MONOPOLY game first hit shelves in 1935 and has since been played by more than 1 billion people. Today, the game is adored all around the world, being played in 114 countries and enjoyed in over 47 different languages.
The new MONOPOLY: Parramatta Edition is available now from local retailers.