Minister’s Release: CommBank Stadium to host free Community Open Day on 14 April
- CommBank Stadium Community Open Day will be FREE for all fans;
- Patrons need only choose a session and redeem a free ticket to attend;
- Tickets will become available at 1pm on Wednesday 27 February at ticketek.com.au/openday;
- Head here to see the Community Open Day Frequently Asked Questions.
From the Office of the Hon. Stuart Ayres
Fans will get their first look at the brand new CommBank Stadium on Sunday April 14 as the world-class sporting facility opens its doors to the community.
NSW Minister for Sport and Minister for Western Sydney Stuart Ayres said today that more than 30,000 tickets will be available and patrons will be able to choose from one of four sessions to tour the Stadium.
“Ticket-holders will be able to experience CommBank Stadium for the first time and see what a game-changer this stadium is going to be for sport and entertainment in Western Sydney,” Mr Ayres said.
“We are inviting people to come out and enjoy a special day. It will be the first opportunity for fans to see inside the Stadium and to experience first-hand how close to the action they will be.”
CommBank Stadium, located on O’Connell Street, Parramatta, is well serviced by public transport, and by regular bus, train and ferry services. It is a short walk from the Parramatta CBD, 15 minutes from Parramatta Station, and even less from Parramatta Wharf.
Minister Ayres confirmed that all tickets to the Community Open Day will include public transport to and from Parramatta.
“The Community Open Day has been designed so that everyone has the opportunity to see and experience this game-changer for sport in Western Sydney,” he said.
“CommBank Stadium is the new home of sport and entertainment in Western Sydney and will become the ‘must do’ location for community activities, corporate and special events.”
Stadium management will use the Community Open Day to test everything inside the venue before the big events start in 2019.
Twenty one sport and entertainment events have already been confirmed for CommBank Stadium this year, with more events soon to be announced.
The opening sporting event will be the Round 6 NRL clash between Western Sydney rivals the Parramatta Eels and Wests Tigers on Easter Monday 22 April.
The NSW Waratahs will play the first of three Super Rugby games at CommBank Stadium against the Sharks on Saturday 27 April.
Wests Tigers will play four home games at the venue, with their first against the Raiders on Friday 7 June.
The Western Sydney Wanderers will play their first game against English club Leeds United on Saturday 20 July.
Tickets to CommBank Stadium Community Open Day available from 1pm Wednesday 27 February at: ticketek.com.au/openday
- The new CommBank Stadium at Parramatta will officially open with a Community Day on Sunday 14 April that will be free to all fans.
- Fans only need to redeem a ticket and choose a session to attend.
- Tickets can be redeemed at ticketek.com.au/openday from 1pm Wednesday 27 February.
- All tickets to the CommBank Stadium Community Open Day will include public transport to and from the event.
- The confirmed session times for CommBank Stadium Community Open Day are 9.30am, 11am, 12.30pm and 2pm.