CommBank Stadium has been honoured at the Western Sydney Awards for Business Excellence (WSABE) by taking home the City of Parramatta Excellence in Customer Service 2021 Award.
The award acknowledges the Stadium’s high performance levels in Customer Service and was presented at a glittering black-tie event at Rosehill Gardens on Wednesday night.
The award was accepted by Stadium CEO Daryl Kerry and Head of Staffing Operations Debbie Hogan, with Mr Kerry saying the WSABE acknowledgement was an outstanding achievement for the Stadium team.
“Our team is committed to delivering the best possible customer experience at each and every event so this was very special recognition indeed for our staff . . . acknowledged for the quality of their work by the very people who use the stadium the most in Western Sydney,” Mr Kerry said.
CommBank Stadium was also a Finalist in the WSABE Excellence in Retail award category.
In total, 128 finalists were shortlisted across 18 award categories in recognition of their outstanding accomplishments across business, export, sustainability, innovation, culture, and many other areas that collectively position Greater Western Sydney as one of Australia’s highest-performing economies.
This year, WSABE achieved a record number of entry engagements and accumulated more than 400 award submissions. We were among 12 Finalists for the Excellence in Customer Service award.
The trophy cabinet at CommBank Stadium is growing fast. Built #ForTheFans with the event experience front of mind, the 30,000-seat Stadium has now won 17 awards across architecture and design, construction and engineering, tourism and leisure, sustainability, operations and function since we opened the venue with a Community Open Day in April 2019.
CommBank Stadium’s List of Awards
- Western Sydney Awards for Business Excellence – City of Parramatta Excellence in Customer Service Winner 2021;
- Western Sydney Awards for Business Excellence – WSABE Retail Excellence Finalist;
- Australian Steel Institute’s NSW Steel Excellence Award for large projects;
- Master Builder Association of NSW Award for Sporting Facilities;
- Master Builder Association of NSW Award for Excellence in Environment;
- Good Design Award Gold Accolade in the Architectural Design Commercial and Residential category;
- Best Commercial Architecture: 2020 NSW Architecture Awards;
- Colorbond Award for Steel Architecture: 2020 NSW Architecture Awards;
- NSW People’s Choice Award for Life in 2020: NSW Architecture Awards;
- LEED v4 Gold Certification from the US Green Building Council: First Stadium in the world to announce LEED v4 Gold standard for sustainable design.
- Silver Medal: Stadium Database Stadium of the Year Awards 2019:
- 2019 Project of the Year – Joint Winner: BOOMTOWN! Property & Infrastructure Awards;
- Outstanding Sports & Major Events Project for 2019– BOOMTOWN! Property & Infrastructure Awards;
- Australia’s Best Rectangular Stadium– Austadiums Stadium Of The Year Awards 2019;
- National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) Excellence Award– Stowe Australia for Bankwest Stadium.
To be announced 15 December:
- Finalist: 2021 Property Council of Australia/Rider Levett Bucknall Innovation & Excellence Awards – Best Sustainable Development (New Buildings);
- Finalist: 2021 Property Council of Australia/Rider Levett Bucknall Innovation & Excellence Awards – Best Tourism & Leisure Development.