Here is everything you need to know:
Parramatta Eels v Canberra Raiders
Friday 16 September
Gates open: 6:15pm
Full time: 9:35pm approx.
Stats that matter:
Parramatta – Finished fourth, 16 wins and eight losses. Lost to Penrith 27-8 last week.
Canberra – Finish eighth, 14 wins and 10 losses. Beat Melbourne 28-20 last week.
Your Game Plan:
- Arrive early! To avoid queues at the gate and ensure you don’t miss any of the action, it is recommended you arrive at least one hour before kick-off. You can also enjoy an on-field DJ performance, watch the players warm up, visit Kids PARRAdise or have your photo taken with the NRL Trophy!
- Public transport is the best way to get to the footy! Avoid gameday traffic and get to the footy without the stress of parking. Plan your trip to CommBank Stadium here.
- If you need to drive, consider your parking options. There is no public parking at the stadium, but there are a number of parking stations within walking distance, including half-price parking after 6pm at the Station Car Park in City of Parramatta. Pre-booking encouraged. Click here for our advice.
Last time they met:
The Eels and the Raiders met just once during the 2022 regular season, with Parramatta taking the points 28-20 at GIO Stadium back in May. However, the Raiders still hold the edge in overall clashes between the sides, having won 21 of the 37 games played, compared to the Eels’ 16.
Friday night’s finals crowd to join highest attendances at CommBank Stadium:
The 2019 Elimination Final between Parramatta and the Brisbane Broncos holds top spot for highest attendance at CommBank Stadium. The Eels cruised to a 58-0 win that day, much to the delight of the almost 30,000 in the stands. Four of the next five highest attendances at CommBank Stadium occurred in 2022. Parramatta recorded the highest average home crowd of any NSW club in 2022, with an average of 20,944 fans turning out per game at CommBank Stadium, and 20,034 including all home games.
Highest NRL attendances at CommBank Stadium
- NRL Finals: Eels v Broncos – 15 September 2019 – 29,372
- NRL: Eels v Wests Tigers* – 22 April 2019 (Easter Monday) – 29,047
- NRL: Eels v Wests Tigers – 18 April 2022 (Easter Monday) – 28,336
- NRL: Eels v Panthers – 29 July 2022 – 26,912
- NRL All Stars Game – 12 February 2022 – 26,755
- NRL: Eels v Bulldogs – 20 August 2022 – 26,451
*Opening match at CommBank Stadium
This event is sold out, so please do not attend if you do not have a ticket. If you are a ticket holder, please remember to download, print and share your tickets before you arrive to allow for a smooth entry process.
Food and Beverage:
There are a number of food and beverage retail options available at the stadium. New items available include the Lamb Snack Pack, Pizzas and Jam Donuts. For a full list, including menu items, click here.
The forecast for Parramatta on Friday evening is currently fine, with a temperature of around 19C forecast for kick-off, before dropping to 16C. For up to date weather information, please click here.
Transport to and parking near CommBank Stadium:
Attendees are encouraged to make their way to the Stadium via public transport, including bus, train and ferry. Transport is not included in matchday tickets. Plan to get here early using the Transport for NSW Trip Planner.
If you need to drive, please allow extra time for traffic as there will be a large number of people in the area. There is no public parking available on site at the Stadium, but there is a number of public parking stations close to the venue. Booking is strongly recommended where possible. For more information click here.
More information on various council and commercial car parks and car parks for vehicles with mobility parking permits is available here.
Please note: if you are planning to use a taxi or ride share service after the game, there will be a number of road closures in place for up to half an hour after full time.
All bags will be subject to the security screening process. To help avoid delays, it’s best to leave your bag at home. On all event days bag sizes are limited to 30x40cm. Umbrellas are permitted but for the comfort of other patrons, they should not be opened in the seating bowl. Food and non-alcoholic beverages may be brought into the stadium. Please note: No glass or cans are permitted. For more information on conditions of entry, please click here.
Enjoy the big game!