Bankwest Stadium will become a hub for the Hyundai A-League after the FFA today confirmed the final schedule for the remainder of the 2019/20 season.
The Stadium will host 11 A-League fixtures, including two double-headers, through to the middle of August when the Finals Series commences.
The first fixture at the Stadium will be next Wednesday 22 July when Perth Glory face the Wellington Phoenix.
The Western Sydney Wanderers will return home on Friday 31 July when they host the Phoenix.
Bankwest Stadium, VenuesLive and Venues NSW are fully supporting the Hyundai A-League and other codes in Australia in this difficult time and as a bio-safe venue, Bankwest Stadium is playing a key role in the return of sport.
FFA’s Head of Leagues, Greg O’Rourke, has ensured that the revised schedule has the minimal number of changes to the fixtures that were released earlier this month.
“The remainder of the Hyundai A-League 2019/20 Season will now see the 27 matches played over 34 days with the Hyundai A-League 2020 Finals Series moved back a week,” said O’Rourke.
“We have been able to keep in place 20 of the 27 matches that we announced previously and the Hyundai A-League 2020 Grand Final will now be scheduled for Sunday 30 August.
“I would like to thank the Hyundai A-League clubs, venues and our broadcast partners, in particular FOX SPORTS, for their support in developing this revised match schedule.
“Fans may be able to attend some matches and will also be able to watch on FOX SPORTS, SKY Sport (NZ), ABC TV, Kayo Sports and the MyFootball Live App.
“The scene is now set for an exciting finish to the season,” concluded O’Rourke.
- 27 regular season matches will be played in 34 days (17 July – 19 August 2020)
- First regular season match: Sydney FC v Wellington Phoenix @ Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Friday 17 July 2020 (Kick-Off 7:30pm (AEST)
- Last regular season match: Western United FC v Melbourne City FC @ Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Wednesday 19 August 2020 (Kick-Off 7:30pm (AEST)
- Hyundai A-League 2020 Finals Series will begin on Saturday 22 August 2020
- Hyundai A-League 2020 Grand Final scheduled for Sunday 30 August 2020
- Six (6) Venues to be used
- ANZ Stadium (NSW)
- Bankwest Stadium (NSW)
- CBUS Stadium (QLD)
- Central Coast Stadium (NSW)
- McDonald Jones Stadium (NSW)
- Netstrata Jubilee Stadium (NSW)
- Two (2) Double-Headers
- Saturday 25 July 2020 @ Bankwest Stadium (Wellington Phoenix v Adelaide United – Kick-Off 5:00pm (AEST) & Melbourne Victory v Western United FC – Kick-Off 7:30pm (AEST))
- Wednesday 12 August 2020 @ Bankwest Stadium (Perth Glory v Western United FC – Kick-Off 5:35pm (AEST) & Western Sydney Wanderers FC v Melbourne Victory– Kick-Off 8:10pm (AEST))